Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Vampire Fiction


Does anyone else hate the "Twilight" series as much as I do? I guess anything that will get teens to pick up a novel is a good thing but there are so many really fine novels out there for young adults, it really seems a shame that they are overlooked in favor of this stuff. I loved Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, Goose Girl by Shannon Hale and the Pullman trilogy (His Dark Materials). See? I have nothing against fantasy. But not much can happen in a vampire story that isn't predictable (and silly). And when a ridiculous number of authors jump on the same bandwagon, it makes it even worse.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is annoying. Thankfully I think the vampire peak has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think the vampire saga is over by any means! I think it is neck to neck with any new fiction out their! There is a full moon on Saturday even the wolves will be out.

    ReplyDelete