Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Millenium Grammy


Note to historians: This is what it's like to be a grandma in the first decade of the the 21st century. I need some answers.

I'm painting my house. I live in the house I gew up in because I moved back here after my husband died and my Mom needed not to live alone. This was no sacrifice on my part. I needed not to live alone too. The house has been "cream" for as long as I can recall. Now it will be green. I would have installed siding but the current siding is asbestos and it would be prohibitively expensive to dispose of it. I'm glad to leave it on my house where it is not damaging the environment - just want it to be a different color. How come I can't get three nice days in a row to paint??

My grandchildren were here all weekend. They are awesome children - really and truly! I credit my daughter-in-law. They are polite and thoughtful and respectful and totally confident in their own abilities - and mine! I love it when they are here and miss them when they go home. What would I do if they lived more than 10 minutes away?

The World Cup is awesome too. We watched the U.S. team tie with England yesterday sfternoon at my son Andy's house and today we watched Germany whip Australia. Why does soccer not catch on in America? It's a game the whole world plays. The players are always good-looking and fit. There is a good mix of young and older players. The rules are simple and easy to understand. You don 't need a bazillion dollars worth of equipment to play. Why doesn't America love this game?!

1 comment:

  1. America is hooked on the green! We like to watch high profile cheaters putting in the birdies! Why IDK but golf is america's dream game! I havent met a guy who doesnt golf in upstate NY

    ReplyDelete